What’s Summer Academy?
A 7-week paid innovation academy for students interested in or currently pursuing degrees in the field of technology. As a participant, you will learn to use tools and programming languages to move through the product-life cycle. What’s the product life cycle? Don’t worry…we’ll teach you!
Get real world experience in app development, design a new product concept and gain hands-on training from senior staff in the Microsoft workspace. For more information, check out the FAQs below.
Bring a fresh approach to technology! The summer academy is held on the Microsoft Redmond campus from June 24 to August 9, 2019. Participants are provided with hardware/software and will receive a $5,600 stipend for their work.
Who can apply?
Current college freshman and sophomores who are:
- Passionate about tech
- Interested in a technical major
- Described as a natural leader, creative problem solver, quick learner
and/or technically savvy
- Completed college level Intro to Computer Science (or equivalent) and Pre-Calculus (or equivalent) by start of program
We especially encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented in computer engineering (women, Native American/Alaskan Native, African-Americans, Latinx and Pacific Islanders) and non-traditional candidates (2-year college students, non-computer science majors, undecided majors, etc.)
Build Your Passion for Tech!
Applications are now CLOSED.
Join our mailing list to get connected and receive program updates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to participate in this program?
- No, but you must have both authorization to work in the U.S. and a social security number. All selected participants will be required to pass a background check.
Will I get paid for participating in Summer Academy?
- Yes, you will receive a $5,600 stipend (minus taxes).
Is housing included?
- No, each participant is responsible for their own housing during the program. Prior participants have found temporary housing through Airbnb and Craigslist. We can connect you with local colleges for dorm/apartment options.
What are the working hours?
- This may vary week to week but anticipate being in the office by 9am and leaving between 5-6pm each day.
What benefits do participants receive?
- Participants receive a free ORCA pass (access to public transportation), all the necessary equipment, training, free drinks and more.
Who is Cyborg Mobile?
- Cyborg Mobile is a technology and management consultancy that partners with Microsoft to provide talent sourcing, resource management, career coaching and professional development throughout the program. To learn more about the company go to: cyborgmobile.com.
Have more questions?
- Reach out to us via email.